Ranting and raving at the unfairness of our current legislation on blogs, Facebook pages, forums, and at our clubs, may let off a little much needed steam, but it accomplishes nothing positive for the community as a whole, in fact it does us a lot of harm.
If the time and energy spent on gripping was spent on positive moving forward actions, we may not have the need to b**** and chew.
FACT: We are a misunderstood and misrepresented community.
- Accept it and use your energy and frustration to change it.
- Do the research (if this is your area of interest) – share the facts
- Educate your circle of influence
- Take time, spend time introducing new people to our community
- Write to or better yet build a relationship with your MP. MPP/MLA and municipal leaders AND their support staff – take them out, show them what we do.